When I last wrote about this project, I had just finished embellishing the seams on what would be the front of the bag. That was on May 24th! Good heavens! Much has happened since then, including lots of time with family; but when I could, I was “still stitching” on Tangie’s bag. Now it’s just about finished.
Step-by-step: after I had embellished what would become the back and the flap, I decided to add beads and sequins to the patches which I had used with some on them.
You can see the need for them here.
Having used all the beads and sequins I had harvested from the patches I’d cut,
I had to go back for more. You wouldn’t believe how long it takes to get those tiny bits off the fabric and the threads removed from them.
The patches filled with more beads-on-sequins, I was ready to remove the work from the frames and stitch the front and back together.
Then I lined the bag and the flap and made a shoulder strap. I have not yet attached one end of the strap because I want the length to suit Tangie.
And here’s the finished (almost finished) bag.
Here’s the back and bottom.
And the button that doesn’t really close the bag. There’s Velcro inside.
I found this button when I was shopping for beads and a button for my black jacket. Works perfectly here.
Here’s what’s left of Tangie’s top, from the front, the back, and one sleeve.
And here is Tangie herself, having just adjusted the shoulder strap to the right length. I’ll stitch that tonight and she shall have it to take to Atlantic City this weekend.
(I’ll be in New Jersey myself, this weekend.)