1) This essay was published in Needle Arts magazine in 2000. It was written in response to a call for papers about how stitching had helped one recover. I took a different take on the theme. You can read it here.
2) In 2004 I wrote the following essay in response to a request from the editor of a Chronic Fatigue Syndrome publication for a piece about love. I wrote about love for embroidery and how mine developed.
3) In 2003 I invited my two 14-year-old granddaughters to have a stitch-in with me. The next essay describes the workshop I designed for them and how it actually turned out. Also included are scans of the workshop materials and the girls’ projects.
4) Below is the journal I kept while working on Katie’s book. Learning to do all the different ways of attaching shisha was a challenge, and lots of fun.
5) Here is the journal I kept while making Noah’s quilt